Thursday, April 14, 2011

#12- Revised #5 blog


I personally believe that this new Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog, does a great job of falling in line with the rest of the Disney movies that came before it. I can see parts of it relating to the Aristocrats, the Lion King, and Aladdin. The villain in Aladdin and the Lion King reminds me of the villain in the princess and the frog. The fact that it reminds me of my opinion of a Disney movie means that it definitely takes on its role of becoming a great Disney movie. This is because I grew up in the time of the original Disney movies. My generation has the best understanding of what a Disney Movie is because we were the first children that watched those movies. When comparing old Disney Channel Movies to the new ones, such as Princess and the frog, the only people that really can compare it are the viewers of the original Disney Movies, and if I was doing a real evaluation on this topic, I would be a reliable source.
Comparing the scene we viewed in class to the one in the little mermaid (an original Disney movie), they are very alike. There is a villain who tries to change the protagonist for their own agenda. The protagonist eventually has to find out that they were better how they were before but sometimes it takes them a while to figure that out. Disney movies, just like the little mermaid and the princess and the frog, all contain a princess who is in distress. The princess and the frog, as said right in the title, does this in a way that it follows all of the other Disney movie outlines. I love this new Disney movie because of that reason. I don’t like when good old movie theme’s change and I think I would watch this movie now because it doesn’t change much from the Disney movies I know and love.
The Princess and the Frog contains the traditional Disney animation and reminds me of my childhood, but it also shows characteristics that are better. It’s better because it has the experience of time to change things and technological improvements. For example, the colors are more vibrant than the 90’s Disney movies. Also, the Princess and The Frog has effects that were not possible in the old Disney Movies. It also can have new audio effects that interest the viewer as well.
One may argue that because of the technology change it may be a little too detailed and may scare viewers off. I do not agree. Children now will watch this movie and take away from it the basic theme’s of old Disney movies while gaining some aspects of the new Disney movie’s that my generation was not lucky enough to know during our childhood. I believe that there was a great balance between keeping the old Disney Movie features but also improving them for the new generation of children. When movie companies or any television programs try to improve this sometimes doesn’t happen, and this balance is very beneficial to the new viewers. All in all, the directors of this movie did a great job of making a new Disney feature film that is as entertaining and creative as its predecessors, but also kept old Disney features that my generation once knew and loved.

(563 words) 

1 comment: