Thursday, February 17, 2011

#5- Disney Evaluation


I think that this new Disney movie does a great job of falling in line with the rest of the Disney movies that came before it. I can see parts of it relating to the Aristocrats, the Lion King, and Aladdin. The fact that it reminds me of  my opinion of a Disney movie means that it definitely takes on its role of becoming a great Disney movie.  It contains the traditional Disney animation and reminds me of my childhood. A good Disney should do that because Disney movies are what my generation grew up with and we relate any new one to the old ones. It’s better because it has the experience of time to change things and just because technology has improved greatly. Comparing this scene to the one in the little mermaid, they are very alike. There is a villain who tries to change the protagonist for their own agenda. The protagonist eventually has to find out that they were better how they were before but sometimes it takes them a while to figure that out. Disney movies, just like the little mermaid and the princess and the frog, all contain a princess who is in distress. The princess and the frog, as said right in the title, does this in a way that it follows all of the other Disney movie outlines. I love this new Disney movie because it does this. I don’t like when good old movie theme’s change and I think I would watch this movie now because it doesn’t change much from the Disney movies I know and love. You could argue that because of the technology change it may be a little too detailed and may scare viewers off. I do not agree. Children now will watch this movie and take away from it the basic theme’s of old Disney movies while gaining some aspects of the new Disney movie’s that my generation was not lucky enough to know during our childhood. All in all, the directors of this movie did a great job of making a new Disney feature film that is as entertaining and creative as its predecessors.

No comments:

Post a Comment