Thursday, January 27, 2011

#3- My narrative work


I am very glad to have been able to write a narrative. In high school we never got to write personal stories with a meaning and I believe that writing this helped me to become more creative as a writer. All of my previous papers seem to be dull and without much detail to keep my reader interested. Writing a narrative helped me to be more creative and put some stories and details in my writing. I also liked that we needed to use dialogue. I think that using dialogues helps the characters and the entire story to come alive. When I read through my partner’s paper I felt much more involved in the story because the characters were talking and involved. Previously, I was also not aware of exigence. I always was given a problem or something that needed to be changed, but never before was I allowed to pick my exigence and turn it into the point of my story. I liked being able to incorporate a thoughtful meaning into a story that happened in my life. It helped me to sum up my writing and give it some sort of moral. Also my learning of the concept of rhetoric in general helped me to be able to write a more effective and though provoking paper. I followed all of the steps of rhetoric and my narrative seemed to flow much better than any paper I have written in the past. I finally liked having a specific audience. I planned who my audience would be and wrote my narrative to them. I think that by doing this I was able to get down to my point and keep it simple but interesting. Writing a narrative was by far the most fun an enjoyable piece of work I have done in a long time.

1 comment: